CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

WHO IS THIS MAN?????

All this time and you think you know somebody....
I don't know what got into him. There I was, minding my own business, and my husband of nearly 11 years (we've known each other for 14 years) just completely pulled one on me! Out of nowhere he announces "I'm going to shave my beard and mustache."


Stunned. Why was I stunned? Mainly because he's had the "stache" since long before we were married. I think out of those 14 years of knowing him, I have spend 13 of those years with him having a mustache. And off and on for the last 10 years he has had a goatee. More On than Off during those times. I like the goatee. sniff sniff.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just because. Is it OK?"


Well, to be quite honest it really IS OK...but I like his goatee and he's had it for so long that I was afraid of having to get used to his new look. But he doesn't tell me how to wear my hair...long, short, WHATEVER, he is supportive of whatever I have done to my hair over the years and I am thankful for that because that is a sore subject with some husbands! So I can't really TELL him "NO" even though part of me wanted to.

I consented and told him to do whatever he wanted. I explained that I really like him with the mustache and goatee, but if he wants to shave it, then go ahead. (all the while, secretly hoping he wouldn't)

So, it's gone. He's got a baby face again. It's a bit tough to get used to...even for him. We kinda laughed about it later, because he looks so DIFFERENT! But we'll get used to it soon, I'm sure.

So, here is a before and after pic....

BEFORE:
My cutie hubby, with the goatee. My favorite part was that some of it was turning gray. I like it...it's distinguished looking. But maybe that had something to do with it, even though he says "No"










AFTER:
The "new" Jonathan. I can't decide if he looks younger, or just a completely different person.







Update as of: 10:58pm....this most definitely IS a different person...he just offered to help me fold the laundry that is piled on our bed. I know his ulterior motive is to remove the pile of clean laundry so he can actually get in the bed, but he's NEVER offered to do it before. He usually either shoves it in a corner somewhere, or just shoves it to my side of the bed and he gets in and goes to sleep! Now he wants to do laundry....WHO IS THIS MAN????

1 2 SNAPS UP~YOU GO GIRL!:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! He looks like his Granddaddy Beck! I'm like you--I had gotten so used to it, I don't know whether I like it or not! What did the kids say about it? They've never seen him without the 'stache either! Maybe when his face gets cold this winter, he'll grow it back!!